Seeking employment in PA – reciprocity with other states

To be certified as a peer specialist in Pennsylvania you must have received your certification training from one of two training vendors: Recovery Innovations or the Institute for Recovery and Community Integration.

If you have received peer support training from one of these vendors, you may be able to transfer your peer specialist certification from another state to Pennsylvania. For more information contact us.

If you received peer support training from a different vendor, there is no reciprocity for certification. You will need to take the training through one of the Pennsylvania-approved vendors to receive certification. To learn more visit the Education section of this Web site.

Other states may or may not recognize the Pennsylvania Peer Specialist Certification. If you are a Pennsylvania Certified Peer Specialist, and you want to relocate or work in another state, it is up to that state to decide whether your certification can be transferred.

For more information on peer support programs in other states please click here.