Transition Age Youth Certified Peer Support at Child and Family Focus (Delaware County)
Child and Family Focus
Broomall - Serving Delaware County
Transition Age Youth Certified Peer Support
Part-Time and Full-Time (Flexible)
The Certified Peer Support Program for Transition Age Youth (CPS/TAY) will provide support and planning to assist young people aged 14-26 with Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) or Serious Mental Illness (SMI) gain hope and move forward in their own recovery. Services will be delivered by Certified Peer Specialists certified by a department approved training to provide peer supports services. The focus of the services will be to assist the youth in the development of a plan that will address needs identified by the young adult in the life domains that are of critical import to this developmental stage including: employment and career development, education, living situation, personal effectiveness and wellbeing, and community life functioning. The role of the CPS will be to support the young adult to engage in their own resiliency/recovery planning, utilizing the skills and interventions learned through person centered planning processes such as Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP). The Certified Peer Specialist will provide supportive interventions to eligible young people and their family, natural and community supports either face-to-face or over the phone to provide necessary support to develop an Individualized Service Plan.
*High School Diploma or GED
* Have maintained, within the last 3 years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or 1 year of post secondary e
education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
* Certified as a peer specialist (CPS) from certified training program.
* Valid PA state driver’s license.
* Ability to reflect the culture and understand the values of the Transition Aged Youth population is preferred.
* Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and computer literacy.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrate excellence in communication.
* Knowledge of community resources in Delaware County and surrounding area.
* Demonstrate proficiency in organization and time management.
* Exhibit competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills.
* Demonstrate the ability to assist youth in developing empowerment skills and combating stigma through self-advocacy.
* Knowledge and skill to teach and engage in basic problem solving strategies to support youth in self-directed recovery.
* Knowledge and skill sufficient to use community resources necessary for independent living and ability to teach those skills to youth with mental health
* Knowledge of how to establish and sustain self-help and educational groups by soliciting input from youth on their strengths and interests.
Compensation and Benefits:
* Hourly rate of $14.00 to $15.00 with billable expectation requirement
* Medical Benefits offered after 60 days of FT employment; 3 plan options offered by IBC
* Dental Benefits offered after 60 days of FT employment; 2 plan options offered by MetLife
* Holiday and Paid Time Off available
* Paid travel time
* 401K plan with company match and profit share
Instructions on how to apply:
Interested candidates should: * Visit www.childandfamilyfocus.org
* Select Careers tab
* Click on Certified Peer Specialist position and apply
*Send your resume to email@example.com
Contact Person: Tiffany Thornton
Phone Number: (610)325-3131 extension 27