Recovery Support Navigator I at Magellan Health (Montgomery County)
Recovery Support Navigator I
Full Time - Specific schedule to be discussed
This position provides non-clinical, evidence-based peer support services, serves as a member advocate, shares coping skills, and provides recovery information for members. This position performs a wide range of tasks to assist with care coordination designed to assist members in regaining control over their own lives through individual recovery planning, wellness self-management, and strengthening resilience to improve personal health outcomes. This position will role model competency in recovery, resiliency, and wellness practices.
- Assists in identifying recovery goals to help members realize improved personal health outcomes through shared decision making and health literacy/education activities.
- Provides information and support to assist members in effectively participating in developing a plan of care, engaging in team-based planning and facilitating co-creating of Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) and Peer Support Whole Health and Resiliency (PSWHR) as needed based on member’s choice.
- Models and collaborates to develop problem solving techniques with members.
- Shares resiliency and recovery-oriented educational materials.
- Employs strategies to engage members who do not keep important follow-up appointments to identify barriers and obstacles and collaborate to find solutions.
- Meets members in inpatient settings and assist in identifying what lead to the crisis and in implementing relapse prevention strategies and assist in transitions from different treatment settings.
- Promotes community participation/inclusion as a strategy to prevent avoidable hospital admissions.
- Links members to community-based peer, parent, and family support services.
- Serves as champion and a resource for resiliency and recovery principles, strategies and tools.
- Documents all interactions according to company standards.
- Travels to meet members within the community.
- Education Required: High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent
- Certification Required: Peer Support Specialist
Instructions on how to apply:
Please apply online at the following link:
If you have any questions, please contact our recruiter Elizabeth at: email@example.com