Psychiatric Rehabilitation Worker at Merakey (Carlisle)
Carlisle, PA – The S.T.A.R. Center - Steps Towards Advocacy and Recovery
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Worker
40 hrs/week, Mon-Fri 8-4 pm
- Participate in development and presentation of member driven workshops, classes and groups
- Interaction with members during scheduled activities at STAR and in community
- Participation in planning and organizing monthly psychiatric rehabilitation calendar
- One to one guidance and support of members developing recovery goals in living, learning, working and social life domains.
- Skills teaching one to one and in group settings.
- Documentation of psychiatric rehab through development of individual member goals and progress notes in an electronic health record
- Transportation of members to and from the center for activities and meetings related to goals and center schedule
- When necessary provide coverage for other Psych Rehab Workers and/or Director
- Regular attendance to both STAR staff meetings, as well as, treatment team meetings for those on caseload
- Continuing education activities to obtain Psych Rehab Certification
- Participates in Merakey Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services field, 1-2 yrs. experience with mental health,
valid PA driver’s license and clean driving record. Understanding of psychiatric
rehabilitation and mental health recovery principles preferred.
Instructions on how to apply:
Contact Laura Jesic at 717-243-2278 ext 205 with questions