Peer Support Worker at Carson Valley Children’s Aid (Flourtown, PA)
Carson Valley Children's Aid
Peer Support Worker
Full-time. 40 hrs/wk, after-school and evening hours. Some flexibility. Occasional weekend work. Must be available Wed. at 12 P.M. for team meetings.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and responsible Peer Specialist to join our youth residential campus in Flourtown, PA!
The Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) at Carson Valley Children’s Aid provides safe, structured care for adolescents with a history of trauma and behavioral problems. As a Peer Specialist, you will use your lived experience with mental health issues to make a difference in the lives of residents every day by listening to their stories, helping them develop valuable skills, and celebrating their accomplishments.
Vaccination Requirements: All staff members at our residential campus are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (2 doses Moderna/Pfizer or 1 dose J&J).
- Medical, dental, vision, and RX coverage
- Group life insurance at no cost to you
- 403b retirement plan with employer contribution
- Paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Credit union access
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral bonuses
Work Setting: 90% residential campus; 10% community includes errands, home visits, and occasional local transportation for youth and families
Essential Job Functions:
- Mentor youth one-on-one using your lived experience to help their recovery efforts.
- Help youth to self-advocate, develop skills, and achieve the goals in their treatment plans.
- Complete appropriate documentation for each interaction.
- Participate in and coordinate activities and groups.
- Plan birthday and discharge celebrations for residents.
- Assist with orientation for youth that are new to the program.
- Participate in weekly treatment review meetings and clinical residential meetings.
- Communicate with the treatment team about residents’ strengths, challenges, and accomplishments.
- Coordinate the Youth Aid Panel.
- Educate staff about the recovery process and coach appropriate staff-youth interactions.
- High school diploma or GED (required)
- Personal experience in foster care or residential placement (strongly preferred)
- PA Peer Specialist (CPS) certification (required)
- You may still apply if you do not have the certification, but you MUST have personal lived experience with a serious mental health disorder and be willing to go through the certification process.
- Valid driver’s license, daily access to a vehicle, and car insurance (required)
Instructions on how to apply:
Copy and paste the URL below into your browser. Then use the Apply Now section to begin your application!