Peer Support Worker at Carson Valley Children’s Aid, Adolescent Residential Treatment Facility (Flourtown)
Carson Valley Children's Aid, Adolescent Residential Treatment Facility
Peer Support Worker
20 hrs/ week. Flexible hours. afternoons, evenings, weekends
The Peer Support Worker will engage with youth in the Residential Treatment cottages on CVCA’s residential campus in Flourtown. The position is for 20 hours per week, 2-3 days during after-school time and weekends. The Peer Support Worker will be responsible to:
• Provide one-to-one mentoring and listening to clients that will tap into their own personal experience.
• Participate in and coordinate activities for youth in a residential setting (this may include running or participating in groups)
• Coordinate the Youth Advisory Panel
• Participate in weekly treatment review meetings and clinical-residential meetings
• Assist in the orientation process for youth new to the program
• Communicate with the treatment team regarding youths’ strengths and challenges, share information as appropriate regarding accomplishments and obstacles to treatment goals.
• Supervise clients in community outings if family resources are not available.
• Develop youth’s ability to self-advocate.
• Work with youth to develop skills to achieve goals as determined by treatment plans.
• Assist in recovery efforts by sharing personal recovery experience.
• Educate staff about the recovery process and coach appropriate staff-youth interaction
• Model personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hope by sharing their own story, as appropriate.
• Attend required trainings.
High school diploma plus one year of related experience, preferably with adolescents, and personal experience in foster care or residential placement. Certified Peer Specialist credential and current driver’s license a plus.
Instructions on how to apply:
Please send a resume to email@example.com
Contact Person: Charlotte Anderson, Clinical Director