Peer Support Specialists at Community Services Group (Sunbury)
Community Services Group (CSG)
Peer Support Specialist
Hours determined by needs of the program
As an essential employer, Community Services Group (CSG) is continuing to hire while following universal precautions and safe practices to minimize risk of COVID-19 to both current and future employees, the individuals we serve, and our community members. We are continuously updating our policies and protocols to support our employees and their lifestyles.
Join Community Services Group (CSG), a Certified B Corporation, as a Peer Support Specialist for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Peer Support Services in Sunbury, PA and find meaning in your work every day. This position will be based in our Sunbury office but will provide services in the community.
Peer Support Specialists have progressed in their own recovery and promote self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assist individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process. They empower individuals to communicate about their mental illness with family, friends and their community. Peer Support Specialists also empower people to expand and enhance their voice in conversations with their support services such as doctors, family, friends and/or case managers. They use their personal experiences to assist individuals to better understand their illness and guide individuals to reconnect with community and work environments. Peer Support Specialists also help individuals to identify and recognize abilities, strengths, and resources (both internal and external) and use them to achieve their goals.
- Paid for all time whether meeting with individuals or attending trainings or meetings as well as traveling and completing documentation.
- Company vehicle or mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is provided.
- Hours determined by needs of the program.
Great opportunity to start or restart your career while assisting others to experience life to its fullest.
CSG offers Health Insurance & Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision & Life Insurance – Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Other Paid Leave.
- Extensive paid training with an assigned Mentor.
- Career Development Opportunities.
- Wellness Programs and Reimbursement.
- Up-to-date, user friendly technology and in-house IT support.
- 401K with employer match, Tuition Assistance & More!
Health Insurance & Benefits availability will vary.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we can do great things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Within the last three (3) years, maintained at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or obtained at least 24 hours of post-secondary education and have related supervised work or volunteer experience as approved by the PA Certification Board.
- Be a self-identified individual who have received or are receiving mental health services for a serious mental health illness or serious emotional disturbance.
- Completed and passed a Peer Specialist Certification training program, including written examination, which is offered in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Department of Human Services.
- Have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or meet with individual.
- Able to provide criminal background checks that were completed within the last year.
- WRAP Component preferred but not mandatory.
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit https://csgonline.isolvedhire.