Peer Support Specialist at RI International (Claymont, DE)
Peer Support Specialist
Multiple Shifts Options
Summary of Job: The Peer Support Specialist I provides support and recovery training to individuals receiving services. The Peer Support Specialist I also assists in implementing/creating a recovery environment and acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every individual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides peer support to engage individuals in a recovery partnership and assists in identifying participant’s hopes and dreams and the solutions they are seeking.
- Teaches recovery and life skills using recovery tools.
- Models hope, personal responsibility and self-advocacy to demonstrate how recovery goals can be respectfully met and how a belief in self is maintained.
- Assists in developing natural supports and community living.
- Cultivates connectedness in the person’s life (self, others, the environment, and to meaning and purpose).
- Coordinates with the individual’s clinical team and other supports to arrange services or resources to help the individual achieve their goals.
- Completes clinical documentation as required.
- Understands and adheres to RI International compliance standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
- Successful completion of Peer Employment Training thus obtaining Certification as a Peer Support Specialist required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Lived experience requiring mental health and/or substance use services.
- Ability to teach/train recovery information and recovery tools.
- Effective communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Instructions on how to apply:
Please submit your resume to amanda.doublin@
Please include the following information:
- Do you have lived experience required mental health and/or substance use services?
- Do you have a Peer Support Specialist certificate? If not, are you willing to obtain one within 6-12 months of hire?
- What shift do you prefer? (8a-4:30p, 4p-12:30a, 12a-8:30a) or (every Saturday/Sunday 8a-8:30p or 8p-8:30a)