Peer Support Specialist at New Visions of South Central PA (Carlisle)
New Visions of South Central PA
Peer Support Specialist
10 hours a week, flexible hours
Serve as a consumer advocate with commitment to consumer choice and empowerment. Provide peer support services to consumers on site and in the community. Work with co-workers and consumers in the development of consumer recovery and stability.
1. Partner with consumers and co-workers in the development and implementation of individual goal plans or Individual Residential Service Plans (IRSP).
2. Monitor consumer progress in goal areas; regular documentation of goal progress.
3. Promote the development of individual Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) and Psychiatric Advance Directives (PAD) with consumers; assist consumers in the development of their plans.
4. Model coping techniques and self-help strategies and reinforce the potential for recovery to consumers and others.
5. Provide family members with information on support services available through groups and organizations in the community.
6. Assist, when appropriate, family members and others to understand possible warning signs and triggers, appropriate supportive responses, and the overall recovery process.
7. Respond immediately to emergency situations affecting consumers’ health or safety.
8. Report any signs of consumer decompensation to supervisor.
9. Assist consumers with menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation, daily/weekly housekeeping tasks and other adult living skills.
10. Provide limited consumer transportation.
11. Follow and abide by Confidentiality Policies
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, with 1 year of experience
*some college experience beneficial but not required
2. Valid Drivers license and access to a vehicle
3. Current or former mental health consumer
4. Act 33/34 Clearances
Ability to establish trusting relationships with peers
Ability to manage crisis/emergency situations
Good oral and written communication skills
Ability to successfully complete County CPS training and other required trainings.
Instructions on how to apply:
Applicant can email, fax, or mail resume and application.
Applications are available to print from website.