Peer Support Specialist at Community Services Group (Lancaster)
Community Services Group
Peer Support Specialist
Join Community Services Group (CSG), a Certified B Corporation, as a Peer Support Specialist for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Services Transition to Community (TTC) Program in Lancaster, PA and find meaning in your work every day.
As a Peer Support Specialist, you have progressed in your own recovery and promote self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assist individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process. You will:
- Assist individuals who are or who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
- Empower individuals to communicate about their mental illness with family, friends and their community.
- Empower people to expand and enhance their voice in conversations with their support services such as doctors, family, friends and/or case managers.
- Use your personal experiences to assist individuals to better understand their illness and guide individuals to reconnect with community and work environments.
- Help individuals to identify and recognize abilities, strengths, and resources (both internal and external) and use them to achieve their goals.
This position offers:
- Part-Time hours – Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- A great opportunity to start your career in human services while assisting others to experience life to its fullest.
CSG offers Health Insurance & Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision & Life Insurance – Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Other Paid Leave.
- Extensive paid training with an assigned Mentor.
- Career Development Opportunities.
- Wellness Programs and Reimbursement.
- Up-to-date, user friendly technology and in-house IT support.
- 401K with employer match, Tuition Assistance & More!
Health Insurance & Benefits availability will vary.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we are a force for good!
Like other healthcare organizations, we provide essential services to individuals and we will continue to serve and to hire during the COVID-19 pandemic while providing a safe and stable work environment for our team.
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
- Have lived experience of the criminal justice system.
- Be a self-identified individual who has received or is receiving state priority group services as defined in the Mental Health Bulletin OMH-94-04, Serious Mental Illness; Adult Priority Group.
- Have a Peer Specialist Certification.
- Able to complete and pass a Forensic Peer Specialist Certification, including written examination.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintained within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or one-year post-secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
- Have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org and click on Join our Team.