Peer Support Specialist at Community Services Group (Lancaster)
Community Services Group
Peer Support Specialist
Join Community Services Group (CSG) as a Peer Support Specialist for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Services Transition to Community (TTC) Program in Lancaster, PA and find meaning in your work every day.
A Peer Support Specialist is a person who has progressed in their own recovery and promotes self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assists individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process. This position will assist individuals who are or who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
• Part-Time – Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
• Great opportunity to start your career in human services while assisting others to experience life to its fullest.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we can do great things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
• Have lived experience of the criminal justice system.
• Be a self-identified individual who has received or is receiving state priority group services as defined in the Mental Health Bulletin OMH-94-04, Serious Mental Illness; Adult Priority Group.
• Have a Peer Specialist Certification.
• Able to complete and pass a Forensic Peer Specialist Certification, including written examination.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Maintained within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or one-year post-secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
• Have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
• Have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org and click on Join our Team!