Peer Mentor at Community Services Group (Lancaster)
Community Services Group
Flexible PRN position. 10 to 15 hours per month based on the program's needs
Join Community Services Group (CSG), a Certified B Corporation, as a Peer Mentor for our Mental Health (MH) Treatment Services Specialized Transitional Supports for Adolescents (STSA) Program in Lancaster, PA and find meaning in your work every day.
As a Peer Mentor, you have progressed in your own recovery and promote self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assist individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process. You will:
- Ensure individuals’ health, safety, welfare, and enhances the quality of individual’s lives.
- Support and assist individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community.
- Identify individuals’ abilities, strengths, and assets (both internal and external) and assist them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
- Serve as an advocate for support of individuals.
- Collaborate and cooperate with involved agencies, family members, and other supports.
- Utilize community resources to promote community integration and individuals’ independence.
- Work collaboratively with program management to develop and implement Peer group activities.
- Participate and lead, when assigned, Peer group meetings.
This position offers:
- Flexible PRN position. 10 to 15 hours per month based on the program’s needs.
- A great opportunity to share your lived experience to support others to experience life to its fullest.
- Extensive paid training.
- Career Development Opportunities.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we are a force for good!
Like other healthcare organizations, we provide essential services to individuals and we will continue to serve and to hire during the COVID-19 pandemic while providing a safe and stable work environment for our team.
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
- This position is in a mental health treatment service working with individuals between the ages of 18 and 24. We are looking for people close in age as well as being a self-identified individual who has or is currently receiving behavioral health services as the term peer implies.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Able to access transportation for work responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org and click on Join our Team.