Peer Mentor at Community Services Group (Lancaster)
Community Services Group (CSG)
Flexible PRN position. 10 to 15 hours per month based on the program's needs.
Join Community Services Group (CSG), a Certified B Corporation, as a Peer Mentor for our Mental Health (MH) Treatment Services Specialized Transitional Supports for Adolescents (STSA) Program in Lancaster, PA and find meaning in your work every day. Immediately hiring for this position.
As a Peer Mentor, you have progressed in your own recovery and promote self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assist individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process. You will:
- Ensure individuals’ health, safety, welfare, and enhances the quality of individual’s lives.
- Support and assist individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community.
- Identify individuals’ abilities, strengths, and assets (both internal and external) and assist them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
- Serve as an advocate for support of individuals.
- Collaborate and cooperate with involved agencies, family members, and other supports.
- Utilize community resources to promote community integration and individuals’ independence.
- Work collaboratively with program management to develop and implement Peer group activities.
- Participate and lead, when assigned, Peer group meetings.
This position offers:
- Flexible PRN position. 10 to 15 hours per month based on the program’s needs.
- A great opportunity to share your lived experience to support others to experience life to its fullest.
- Extensive paid training.
- Career Development Opportunities.
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we are a force for good!
Like other healthcare organizations, we provide essential services to individuals and we will continue to serve and to hire during the COVID-19 pandemic while providing a safe and stable work environment for our team.
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
- This position is in a mental health treatment service working with individuals between the ages of 18 and 24. We are looking for people close in age as well as being a self-identified individual who has or is currently receiving behavioral health services as the term peer implies.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
- Able to access transportation for work responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org/jobs