Part-Time Certified Peer Specialist at Merakey (Nazareth)
5920 Sullivan Trail, Nazareth, PA 18064
Part-Time Certified Peer Specialist
Provide peer support to individuals, providing guidance and encouragement to individuals to take responsibility and actively participate in their own recovery while serving as a mentor to individuals to promote hope and empowerment. Provide expertise and consultation from a mental health individual perspective to the entire team concerning individual’s experiences on symptoms of mental illness, the effects and side effects of medications, individual’s responses to and opinions of treatment, and individual’s experiences of recovery. Collaborate with the team to create a team-oriented environment in which the individual’s point of view and experiences are recognized, understood, and respected, and in which self-determination and decision making in treatment planning are maximized and supported.
- High School Degree/GED/Bachelor’s degreein psychology or related human service field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a related field, knowledge and understanding of severe mental illness, recovery principles and recovery driven service system. Personal experience as a recipient of mental health services and willingness to share personal experiences to provide expertise about the recovery process.
- Must be a certified peer specialist
- Valid driver’s license required
- All clearances required by OMHSAS
Instructions on how to apply:
To fill out an on-line application: www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition number: 76317