Forensic Peer Support Specialist at Community Services Group (Lancaster)
Community Services Group (CSG)
Forensic Peer Support Specialist
Community Services Group (CSG) is recruiting for a Forensic Peer Support Specialist for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Services – Transition to Community program in Lancaster, PA. This is a Part-Time position and hours will be determined by needs of individuals and program.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate person to join our Mental Health (MH) Services Team and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others at one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA!
At CSG, Forensic Peer Support Specialist is a person who has progressed in their own recovery and promotes self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assists individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process. This position will assist individuals who are or who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures individuals’ health, safety, welfare, and enhances the quality of individual’s lives.
• Supports and assists individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community.
• Identifies individuals’ abilities, strengths, and assets by assisting them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
• Documents program information and other contacts.
• Serves as an advocate for support of individuals.
• Collaborates and cooperates with involved agencies, family members, and other supports.
• Participates in meetings and provides relevant information as directed.
• Utilizes community resources to promote community integration and individuals’ independence.
• Assists individuals in articulating self- directed goals for recovery, helping to monitor progress in services, modeling effective coping techniques and self -help strategies based on recovery experience,
• Transports individuals in personal and/or company vehicle for community outings or scheduled appointments.
Apply today to Join our Team!
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
To be considered you must have the following qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Maintained within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or one year post-secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
• Be a self-identified individual who has received or is receiving state priority group services as defined in the Mental Health Bulletin OMH-94-04, Serious Mental Illness; Adult Priority Group.
• Complete and pass a peer specialist certification training program, including written examination, which is offered in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Department.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
• Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
• Knowledge of or lived experience of the criminal justice system.
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org and click on Join our Team!
Contact Person: David Study
Phone Number: 717-920-9434 ext. 10263