Certified Recovery Specialist at SPHS (Greensburg)
Certified Recovery Specialist
25 hours weekly Part Time
Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc.
Certified Recovery Specialist
Southwest Behavioral Care, Inc. – Behavioral Health | Greensburg, PA | Part Time
→May be eligible for Agency paid health benefits.
→Option to participate in Agency retirement plan.
→Tuition discounts with participating colleges/universities.
→Opportunity for growth and advancement.
→Other benefits available.
- Provides casework and system navigation to participants.
- Adheres to compliance of the Westmoreland Certified Recovery Specialist Service Description, guidelines, and corporate standards.
- Works in partnership with case management and treatment programs to develop a comprehensive Recovery Plan and as needed, will accompany case management staff for field engagement services.
- Completes a needs assessment, monitors coordination of care and progress of clients and connects clients with ancillary services such as housing, employment, transportation, etc.
- Assists in the coordination of client flow, identification, referral contacts and follow-up.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory standards, program policy and/or state project requirements.
- Participates in the CRS on call system and responds in person, as needed, after hours.
- Collaborates with established community programs and agencies as client advocate with the social services network; to include the court system.
- Offers guidance on the recovery experience to include stage appropriate recovery education.
- Assists clients in meeting their recovery goals by utilizing the phases of recovery: engagement, recovery initiation, recovery stabilization and sustained recovery maintenance.
- Educates consumers, family members and professional staff about the recovery process, the damaging role that stigma can play in understanding recovery and offers support related to obstacles that are often encountered during the recovery journey.
- Will provide individualized person-centered services and support to assigned clients.
Provides vision driven hope and encouragement regarding opportunities for varying levels of involvement in community-based activities (i.e., work, school, relationships, etc.)
- Other duties as required.
- Adheres to all policies, laws, regulations and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws, and agency policies and procedures.
Must have a Valid Certified Recovery Specialist Certification through the Pennsylvania Certification Board AND a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
Demonstrated ability to obtain vital information during an interview to make proper recommendations.
Demonstrated knowledge of financial entitlement programs and available social services.
Must successfully obtain Criminal History Clearance from Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearances from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and FBI Fingerprint Clearances.
Must not be excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal health care program.
Ability to transport oneself in an insured vehicle, as program needs dictate.
Ability to observe and recognize verbal and non-verbal signs of physical or mental disorders.
Ability to detect and identify violations pertaining to program regulations.
Instructions on how to apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
POSTING#22-137. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RETURN TO SOUTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA HUMAN SERVICES, INC.