Certified Recovery Specialist at Pennsylvania Department of Health Office of Drug Surveillance and Misuse Prevention (Harrisburg)
Pennsylvania Department of Health Office of Drug Surveillance and Misuse Prevention
Certified Recovery Specialist
- As needed, complete patient navigation (via phone or email) to individuals who have a diagnosed SUD or may be at risk for SUD. Patient calls/emails will be triaged to CRS based on identified needs.
- Respond and travel to event as required to provide patient support and care navigation.
- Identify and complete outreach to new county-level CRS’s, recovery communities, and SUD/treatment champions to establish new linkage to care partnerships.
- Develop enhanced Regional Resource Guides for patients; this includes planning a patient-centric format/layout, developing better descriptions of resources to improve patient comprehension/understanding, and identifying additional resources within counties.
- Develop, enhance, implement, and monitor additional patient-centric resource materials.
- Review established prevention program materials (including print handouts, web content, patient recommendations, etc.) and provide feedback/recommendations to ensure resources are patient centric.
- Review current prevention program policies and protocols, including scripts and letters, for patient communication and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Develop ideas and/or recommendations on how the CRS position can enhance response efforts.
- Collaborate on monthly program reporting and assist with internal and external dissemination.
- Assist with program evaluation tools and methodologies by reviewing evaluation materials and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with monthly meeting scheduling with vendors and grantees, workgroup meeting minute documentation and dissemination, and monthly report data and documentation.
- Provide consultation on program curriculum content, resource account support, resource materials dissemination, data collection, and compilation.
- Assist with monitoring/responding to emails received in the resource accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certified Recovery Specialist (678783)
Allied Health | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Certified Recovery Specialist
- Must have a working knowledge of Pennsylvania’s drug and alcohol treatment landscape.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of various recovery support mechanisms.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of Recovery Oriented Systems of Care (ROSC) model.
- Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to the complexities of problems with opioid use/overdose, and other drug use.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED and be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess an active Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) certification through the Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) or documentation of certification reciprocity if obtained by another state or certification body.
- Must be willing to submit to a Pennsylvania Act 33 child abuse, Pennsylvania Act 34 criminal records check, and FBI criminal background check.
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License.
- Must have access to reliable, insured transportation during working hours.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.