Certified Recovery Specialist at Auberle (Mt. Oliver, PA)
Mt. Oliver, PA
Certified Recovery Specialist
As part of a nationally recognized, award winning human service organization they serve 4,000 individuals and families each year. Our staff is comprised of passionate individuals who are committed to finding innovative ways to solve our community’s most difficult problems. We are committed to working to build and sustain an equitable and inclusive work environment, and world, where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of all! Our staff have voted us as a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 9 years in a row. Auberle operates over 20 programs in 16 Western PA counties with 200 staff members and a $16M+ budget.
The Certified Recovery Specialist will be a key role at the Auberle Family Healing Center in the Mt. Oliver area of Pittsburgh. The Auberle Family Healing Center is an innovative residential treatment program for families struggling with a substance use disorder (SUD). The program is a licensed 3.5 facility. It also provides an array of services including individual, family, and group counseling, psychiatric consultation, medical services, therapeutic activities, parent education, and case management. The program is available to Allegheny County families referred by child welfare. This innovative program allows families with multiple adults and up to four children to stay together while the person struggling with addiction receives treatment.
- Assist individuals in developing and solidifying long-term recovery plans, supports, and service need identification during and following an individual’s treatment continuum.
- Support clients by helping them to attend appointments, obtain benefits including medical insurance, food stamps, and general assistance, and realize natural and social supports that are available to them.
- Capable of role modeling for both clients and staff to helps to maintain strong clinical program.
- Serve as an advocate, offer guidance on the recovery experience, and attend and participates in treatment team meetings whenever possible to provide feedback regarding the individual’s recovery perspective and outlook.
- Co-facilitate mentoring classes and support sessions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the cultural diversity of consumers, volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders throughout the provision of service.
- High school graduate or GED, have the lived experience of substance abuse, as well as a minimum of 18 months of continuous, personal lived recovery experience. Candidates must have completed the Pennsylvania Certified Recovery Specialist training program, as well as the Certification Board CRS examination
- Preference given to individuals with lived experience around substance use or co-occurring disorder.
- Because of treatment philosophy, persons identified or who have been diagnosed with an alcohol or other drug dependence be abstinent for at least two (2) years prior to employment and remain abstinent throughout employment
- Pre-employment drug screening and ongoing random drug screens
- ACT 33/34 and FBI Clearances Pre-Employment, Full COVID-19 vaccination required within 30 days of hire
- Open to learning and embracing trauma-informed and recovery-oriented systems of care including understanding of and respect for everyone’s unique path to recovery.
- On an as needed basis, operate program van/vehicle as needed and the ability to lift 50 pounds and physically assist families as needed with moving into and out of the residential facility, including assistance with lifting, carrying and moving objects and packages.
Auberle offers excellent training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & optional Flexible Spending Accounts
- 7 Paid Vacation Days in the first year, 12 in the second and addition day increases with tenure
- 12 Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay period)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Insurances
- 403 B Retirement Savings with an employer match
- Educational Assistance
- Public Service Learn Forgiveness Qualifying Employer
If you are highly motivated, passionate about recovery and ready to help change the world – be sure to apply!
*Random drug testing may be conducted to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of job duties, but an idea of the work being done…
Instructions on how to apply:
Click the link Below to Apply!!!