Certified Peer Support Specialist at Sevita/PA Mentor (Bethlehem)
Certified Peer Support Specialist
part-time or full-time
Pennsylvania MENTOR, a member of the Sevita family, provides services for adults and youth in nurturing and safe environments where they can achieve and maintain independence. We offer a wide range of programs; therapeutic foster care, CRR Host Home Programming, Behavioral Health Services, Case Management and services for programs for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and medically complex conditions.
Certified Peer Specialist (CPS)
Are you a caring, compassionate individual with CPS certification, looking to make a real difference in someone’s life? Bring your commitment and skill to a team-based workplace that puts people first.
- Provide peer counseling to individuals by drawing on common experiences.
- Guide and encourage individuals to take responsibility and actively participate in their recovery.
- Develop Individual Service Plans (ISPs) for individuals receiving program services and monitor the plans through treatment reviews.
- Assist the individuals and/or family members to develop self-identified goals.
- Meet with the individual, family, and or other pertinent persons involved in the individual’s life, with regular face-to-face visits and phone contact.
- Communicate with natural families, school officials, and other team members to ensure that resources are identified based on need(s) and availability.
- Provide side-by-side support and coaching to help individuals socialize during program hours of operation, including but not limited to accompanying individuals to the movies, grocery store, library, etc.
- Support participation in community self-help groups and assist individuals to plan and carry out leisure time activities on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Coach or teach basic individual living skills, such as food preparation and meal planning, laundry, bill payment, personal hygiene, etc.
- Document services provided, ensuring that the individuals and/or family members review and sign off on records and reports; prepare weekly billing packet.
- Maintain service need reports and treatment reviews in accordance with program, state, and local mental health standards and regulations.
- Meet with and provide weekly reports to supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of related experience, either paid or volunteer, within the past 5 years.
- Certified Peer Support Specialist Certification required.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
- Reliable, responsible, and caring nature.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Commitment to the company’s mission and values.
Why Join Us?
- Part-time or Full-time hours
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- Flexible schedule opportunities.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Rewarding, complex work adding value to the organization’s mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
- We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. And today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets