Certified Peer Support Specialist at Community Alternatives Inc. (New Castle)
Community Alternatives Inc.
New Castle, PA
Certified Peer Support Specialist
Part- Time Flexible Schedule
Community Alternatives, Inc. is pleased to announce the opening of our new adult mental health Peer Support & Recovery Services program in New Castle, PA.
We are currently interviewing Certified Peer Support Specialists for flexible part-time positions.
Peer Support Role and Responsibilities:
- Help people with mental health challenges use their strengths to solve problems, make plans, and build resilience.
- Provide services and supports that meet a person’s unique needs and honor their preferences.
- Provide concrete assistance to help a person accomplish their chosen recovery goals.
- Assist people in building their own support systems and improve the quality of their lives.
- Support whole-person flexible recovery planning.
- Provide information and opportunities to practice skills related to health, wellness, and recovery.
- Promote hope, choice, empowerment, community, and spirituality (of a person’s own choosing).
- Work with individuals 1:1 and facilitate recovery Meet Up groups, in person.
- Offer encouragement and inspiration in a power-balanced relationship.
- Maintain all required paperwork and documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in training, supervision, and other professional development activities.
- Hold a current and valid PA CPS Certificate.
- Have a high school degree or GED.
- Have earned either 24 credit hours of post-secondary education credits or have 12 months (total) of volunteer or paid work experience over the past 3 years.
- Have personal psychiatric recovery experience and be willing to share your inspiring and ongoing mental health recovery story with others.
- Have reliable transportation throughout Lawrence County, PA.
- Have basic reading/writing skills, and basic computer, customer service, and telephone skills.
- State ID, Driver’s license strongly preferred.
- Child Abuse, State Police and FBI background clearances
Instructions on how to apply:
Please submit resume to Justin Vozar at firstname.lastname@example.org