Certified Peer Support Specialist at Beacon Light Behavioral Health Systems (Warren, PA)
Beacon Light Behavioral Health Systems
Certified Peer Support Specialist/Admin. Asst.
Beacon Light Behavioral Health System is looking for a Part-time Peer Support Specialist who is responsible for the management of an assigned mental health caseload of clientele for recovery oriented peer support services. The specialist will establish a trusting, respectful relationship with peers through the sharing of life experiences with mental illness or the mental health system. This will be done in coordination with the Peer Support Supervisor by performing the following duties. The Peer Support Specialist also works under the supervision of the Director- Milieu Therapies or / Team Leader of a non-profit community based program. This position will develop and maintain supportive relationships with persons served. These relationships are essential to establishing the individual’s strengths and goals; identifying barriers, recovery strategies and alternatives to making choices about medication and treatment; and providing links to community resources. The primary responsibility of a peer specialist is to help individuals identify and achieve their recovery goals and meet their specific goals. The peer specialist facilitates recovery groups and participates in panel presentations to assist in education of recovery principles. Presentations of staff and persons served provide the perspective of individuals living in recovery. They will maintain departmental/agencies documentation and records. Peer Support is a program that provides individualized recovery-focused intervention to adults to enhance development of natural supports, coping mechanisms and other skills necessary to function as independently as possible in the community. Service is provided by certified individuals with a lived experience with mental health issues.
- Be a self identified individual who is in recovery and who has received or is receiving state priority group services
- Have a high school diploma or GED and can present documentation of completion of either
- Have maintained, within the past three years, at least 12 months of successful full or part-time paid or voluntary work experience or one year of post secondary education
- Completed and passed a Certified Peer Specialist certification training program including written examination, which is offered in accordance with guidelines defined by OMHSAS, DPW. If considered for this position, this agency will assist in training coordination and cost.
- Complete and pass PA Child Abuse, PA State Background, and FBI Background checks and clearances.
- Complete and pass a physical and a drug screening arranged by this agency.
Instructions on how to apply:
To apply, please visit our website https://www.beacon-light.org/ and follow the Open Positions link.