Certified Peer Specialists at Trail Guides with Mental Health Partnerships (Norristown)
Trail Guides with Mental Health Partnerships
Certified Peer Specialists
Do you have a passion to help others? Would you like to help people live productive lives in the community, while assisting them to become independent? Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life by coaching individuals to reach their full potential in life? If so, there is an opportunity for you! Trail Guides, with Mental Health Partnerships, is currently looking for a full time Certified Peer Specialist! Trail Guides is a peer mentoring program that offers support to young adults ages 18 to 26, who have a primary diagnosis of either Mental Health or Emotional Disturbance. One key role as a Certified Peer Specialist with Trail Guides is to provide empathy, compassion, assistance and support to every participant in order to help motivate and encourage them to achieve their personalized goals. Another powerful benefit of a Certified Peer Specialist is promoting hope by sharing your own lived experience and recovery story. If you have the desire and passion to help others, consider applying now!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Works with participant to identify, develop, and access supports to increase his/her success in community integration and community inclusion.
- Supports and teaches recovery and recovery tools and models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness.
- In partnership with each participant assesses their hopes, strengths, accomplishments and challenges in order to achieve his/her stated goals.
- In partnership with each participant develops the recovery plan and his/her support system in order to support him/her in becoming self-sufficient.
- Supports participants in the self-management of critical or crisis situations.
- Assists the individual in preparation and recording of the peer support recovery plan, progress notes, and other documents that verify service delivery using person-first language, in a timely manner according to established quality and regulatory standards.
- Uses knowledge, skills and training from Certified Peer Specialist training to model, coach, support and advocate with participants.
- Supports and assists participants when necessary and ensures participants safety when participating in events, visits, and other interactions.
- Ensures that all participants’ visits are documented in the electronic health record.
- Minimum of a High School or GED Diploma; Associates Degree in a Human Services related field is preferred.
- Credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist, through the Pennsylvania Certification Board.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience (including internships and volunteer work) in a behavioral health work environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have access to a car to use for work on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local Mental Health System.
- Demonstrated ability to create, read and send e-mail through Google.
- Must possess the drive and integrity to be able to work independently and problem solve.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties including desktop computing, email, time sheet management, electronic health records, using Microsoft Office Applications and other relevant software.
Instructions on how to apply:
To apply for the position, please visit www.mentalhealthpartnerships.