Certified Peer Specialist – Mental Health at Beaver County Rehabilitation Center (Beaver, PA)
Beaver County Rehabilitation Center (BCRC)
Certified Peer Specialist - Mental Health
20 hours per week part-time, daylight, flexible
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Peer Specialist performs specialized education and support services for individuals with mental illness. This position involves the modeling of recovery skills through assisting individuals with the development of coping skills, advocacy skills, and resource awareness.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models hope, personal responsibility, and self-advocacy by sharing his or her personal recovery story.
- Acts collaboratively with individuals to create self-directed goals to assist on their path to recovery.
- Cultivates the individual’s ability to make informed, independent choices.
- Uses “positive approaches” to motivate individuals whenever possible and maintains confidentiality.
- Develops opportunities for integration and meaningful roles in the community.
- Assists the individual with learning how to develop and maintain positive personal/social support networks (friends, family, associates).
- Links participants with appropriate community services.
- Complete necessary paperwork and document progress towards recovery goals.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Applicant must have lived experience: having personally lived with mental health or addiction challenges and/or an individual receiving mental health services.
- Able to model a recovery experience exceeding one year.
- Preferred applicants will be credentialed as a Certified Peer Specialist and eligible for certification through the PA Certification Board.
- Within the last three (3) years, maintained at least 12 months of successful full or part-time paid or voluntary work experience.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and billable unit requirements.
- Must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties, familiarity with Microsoft Office- Word and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel within the community.
- Able to pass background checks and clearances.
Instructions on how to apply:
Download and save the application from BCRC’s website: https://www.bcrc.net/careers-
Submit your completed application and resume as an email attachment to: HR@bcrc.net
Or as mail to:
Human Resources, BCRC, Inc.
131 Pleasant Drive (2nd Floor), Aliquippa, PA 15001
Or as fax to:
This job listing is also available on Indeed.com.