Certified Peer Specialist in Crisis Services at Peerstar (Lehigh)
Certified Peer Specialist in Crisis Services
PT- 20 hours; specific hours vary
CERTIFIED PEER SPECIALIST in Crisis Services
- $1000 sign on bonus
- Must Produce:
- PA-approved Vendor CPS Certificate
- Certificate in CPS in Crisis Services
- PCB Certificate Preferred
HELP OTHERS AS A PEER SPECIALIST
- Responsible for providing individual advocacy and support to peers and / or their family members while they are in or following a crisis.
- Provide suggestions and opportunities for individuals to engage in their recovery process, by connecting to services and support networks, and increasing awareness of community resources.
- Serve as a role model for recovery as someone who is a self-identified former or current consumer of mental health, serious emotional disturbance or co-occurring services who can relate to others through their own recovery process.
- Paid Mileage and Travel Time
- Matching 401 K
- Paid Time off for PT and FT employees
- Opportunity for medical benefits
- PT with FT potential
- Must Be Self-Identified with a serious emotional disturbance or serious mental illness.
- Must have a High School Diploma/ GED or College Education
- Must Have Within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of work or volunteer experience, or earned at least 24 credit hours
- Must have completed a peer specialist certification training curriculum approved by the state of Pennsylvania and obtains PCB certification within 6 months of hire
- Must have attended training for CPS in Crisis Services
- Availability to work evenings and or weekends
Peerstar does not discriminate against staff, consumers or family members based on Age, Race, Sex, Religion, Ethic Origin, Economic Status, or Disability and Observes all applicable state and federal statutes and limitations.
Instructions on how to apply: