Certified Peer Specialist at Merakey (Philadelphia)
Certified Peer Specialist
Merakey is currently seeking a CPS to join our Behavioral Health Division our Philadelphia, PA location.
- The Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) performs a range of tasks through individual and group encounters to assist consumers in regaining control over their own lives and over their own recovery process.
- The CPS will role model competency in recovery and ongoing coping skills, serve as a consumer advocate, provide information and peer support in their communities, inpatient or emergency settings.
- The CPS also provides essential expertise and consultation to other team members in promoting a recovery-oriented culture and practice of service provision and in understanding the consumers’ perspective and subjective experience.
- CPS will be responsible for managing a caseload of participants that they will support as they recover from MH symptoms.
- Candidates must have a CPS certification, as well as a valid DL.
- The CPS is a road warrior and is expected to meet with their participants in the community setting.
- CPS will also participate in all treatment team meetings, have collateral contacts with other treatment providers, and will be part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Services are provided in accordance with all existing policies, procedures and regulations,
- A High School Diploma/GED.Certified as a Peer Specialist.
- One (1) year experience working with persons in recovery (PIR) preferred.
- In the last three (3) years maintained at least twelve (12) months of successful part-time paid or volunteer work experience or one (1) of post-secondary education experience totaling twenty-four (24) credit hours.
- Experience working with families.
Instructions on how to apply:
Please email your resume to email@example.com