Certified Peer Specialist at Central Behavioral Health (Norristown & Abington)
Central Behavioral Health
Norristown & Abington
Certified Peer Specialist - Career Center
Brief Description of Duties:
- Model partnership in Recovery with all Central consumers, staff and all persons with whom contact is made, as a Central employee.
- Model the understanding that the Peer Specialist is an equal member of the “team” that partners with program participants, staff and others in the process of recovery.
- Engage individuals to help them understand and access the supports available to them as part of a community based program.
- Help individuals identify their goals, and steps to meet their goals while imparting hope through the sharing of your personal recovery experience.
- Responsible for completing required documentation.
- Assist individuals with career/educational search and develop strategies to maintain health and wellness.
This is a Full-time, salaried position with benefits.
- High School diploma/GED – Associates or Bachelors preferred
- Current State Board Certified Peer Specialist certification is required.
- Driver’s license with clean record is required.
- Strong computer skills
- Participate in required career center training
Instructions on how to apply:
Send resume to Kosh Ciaffone at firstname.lastname@example.org