Peer Support Specialist at Community Services Group (Pottsville)
Community Services Group
Peer Support Specialist
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is looking for caring and compassionate people to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others!
We are recruiting for Peer Support Specialists for our Adult Mental Health (MH) Services – Peer Support Program in Pottsville, PA (Schuylkill County).
A Peer Support Specialist is a person who has progressed in their own recovery and promotes self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assists individuals in a mental health treatment program in the individual’s recovery process.
SCHEDULES: Part-Time (Hours determined by needs of individuals and program)
Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures individuals’ health, safety, welfare, and enhances the quality of individual’s lives.
• Supports and assists individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community.
• Identifies individuals’ abilities, strengths, and assets (both internal and external) and assists them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
• Documents program information and other contacts.
• Provides information regarding observation of and interactions with individuals
• Provides support in interviewing individuals to obtain information regarding their satisfaction/dissatisfaction.
• Serves as an advocate for support of individuals.
• Collaborates and cooperates with involved agencies, family members, and other supports.
• Participates in meetings and provides relevant information as directed.
• Utilizes community resources to promote community integration and individuals’ independence.
• Assist individuals in developing and achieving self directed goals.
• Assists individuals in articulating goals for recovery, helping monitor progress in treatment, modeling effective coping techniques and self help strategies based on recovery experience, and advocating for the individual to secure needed services and financial entitlements.
• Provides coverage in emergency situations.
• Transports individuals in personal and/or company vehicle for community outings or scheduled appointments.
• Works collaboratively with program management to develop and implement Peer group activities.
• Participate and lead, when assigned, Peer group meetings.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
To be considered you must meet the following qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Maintained within the last three (3) years, at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or one year post secondary education experience totaling 24 credit hours.
• Be a self-identified individual who has received or is receiving state priority group services as defined in the Mental Health Bulletin OMH-94-04, Serious Mental Illness; Adult Priority Group.
• Completed and passed a Peer specialist certification training program, including written examination, which is offered in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Department.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
• Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
• WRAP Component preferred but not mandatory
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit www.csgonline.org and click on Join our Team.