Peer Specialist I at Magellan Health Services (Reading/Danville)
Magellan Health Services
Reading and Danville
Peer Specialist I
Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
Serves as an advocate and role model who shares coping skills and provides recovery and resiliency related information. The role performs a wide range of tasks to assist and support people in directing their own lives and their personal recovery process.
– Assist in identifying recovery goals.
– Provide information and support to assist peers in effectively participating in developing a plan of care, engaging in team-based planning and facilitating
co-creating of Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP) as needed based on recipients choice.
– Model and collaborate to develop problem solving techniques with individuals.
– Collaborate to assist peers how to identify strengths and needs, combat negative self-talk, identify and overcome fears and employ coping strategies and
relapse prevention skills.
– Share resiliency and recovery-oriented educational materials.
– Employ strategies to engage parents of children and adult peers who do not keep important follow-up appointments to identify barriers and obstacles
and collaborate to find solutions.
– Assist peers with inpatient units to prepare a comprehensive plan for discharge that includes relapse prevention strategies.
– Link peers to community-based peer, parent, and family support services.
– Liaison with parent-run and consumer organizations and provider agencies regarding efforts to expand the use of peer specialists, achieve
family/consumer-driven and youth-guided care, and support recovery-oriented programs. Serve as liaison with advocacy organizations regarding peer
support training and implementation initiatives.
– Serve as champion and a resource for resiliency and recovery principles, strategies and tools.
– HS/GED diploma and 3 years recent experience providing peer support
– Reliable transportation to meet with members in the community
Instructions on how to apply:
Company Website: http://magellanhealth.com