Peer Mentors at Community Services Group (CSG) (Lancaster)
Community Services Group (CSG)
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is recruiting for Peer Mentors for our Mental Health (MH) Services’ Specialized Transitional Supports for Adolescents Program in Lancaster, PA.
We are looking for caring and compassionate people to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others!
These are PRN positions and hours will vary based on the programs needs. A Peer staff person is one who has progressed in their own recovery and promotes self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assists individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process.
Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures individuals’ health, safety, welfare, and enhances the quality of individual’s lives.
• Supports and assists individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community.
• Identifies individuals’ abilities, strengths, and assets (both internal and external) and assists them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
• Documents program information and other contacts.
• Provides information regarding observation of and interactions with individuals
• Provides support in interviewing individuals to obtain information regarding their satisfaction/dissatisfaction.
• Serves as an advocate for support of individuals.
• Collaborates and cooperates with involved agencies, family members, and other supports.
• Participates in meetings and provides relevant information as directed.
• Utilizes community resources to promote community integration and individuals’ independence.
• Works collaboratively with program management to develop and implement Peer group activities.
• Participate and lead, when assigned, Peer group meetings.
• This position is in a mental health treatment service working with individuals between the ages of 18 and 24. We are looking for people close in age as well as being a self-identified individual who has or is currently receiving behavioral health as the term peer implies.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
• Must be able to access transportation for work responsibilities.
• Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Apply today to Join our Team!
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
Please see job description.
Instructions on how to apply:
To APPLY or learn more about these and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org and click on Join our Team!
Contact Person: David Study
Phone Number: 717-920-9434