Peer Mentor at Community Services Group (Lancaster)
Community Services Group (CSG)
Community Services Group (CSG), one of the largest Human Services Providers in PA, is looking for caring and compassionate people to join our team of dedicated professionals and enjoy a rewarding career helping to improve the lives of others!
We are recruiting for Peer Mentors for our Child & Youth Mental Health Services Specialized Transitional Supports for Adolescents Program in Lancaster, PA. These are PRN positions and hours will vary based on the programs needs. A Peer staff person is one who has progressed in their own recovery and promotes self-determination, personal responsibility, empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery, and assists individuals with mental illness in the individual’s recovery process. Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Ensures individuals’ health, safety, welfare, and enhances the quality of individual’s lives.
• Supports and assists individuals in the recovery process through coaching, mentoring, and integrating with the community.
• Identifies individuals’ abilities, strengths, and assets (both internal and external) and assists them to recognize these strengths and use them to achieve their goals.
• Documents program information and other contacts.
• Provides information regarding observation of and interactions with individuals
• Provides support in interviewing individuals to obtain information regarding their satisfaction/dissatisfaction.
• Serves as an advocate for support of individuals.
• Collaborates and cooperates with involved agencies, family members, and other supports.
• Participates in meetings and provides relevant information as directed.
• Utilizes community resources to promote community integration and individuals’ independence.
• Works collaboratively with program management to develop and implement Peer group activities.
• Participate and lead, when assigned, Peer group meetings.
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
To be considered you must meet the following qualifications:
• Must be a self-identified individual who is currently using or has used behavioral health services.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to meet individual’s and program’s needs.
• Must be able to access transportation for work responsibilities.
• Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Instructions on how to apply:
Please visit www.csgonline.org and click on the Join our Team Link for additional details and to APPLY online today!