Contracted Director at Pennsylvania Peer Support Coalition
Pennsylvania Peer Support Coalition
The Pennsylvania Peer Support Coalition (PaPSC) seeks a passionate Contracted Director to lead a member-driven organization. The coalition was developed to ensure that Pennsylvania peer support services are consumer-driven and to provide resources and support for individuals who provide peer support. Membership in the coalition is not limited to Medical Assistance billable certified peer specialists, but is inclusive of all who provide peer support services. We believe that advocacy for the peer support profession is a vital role of the PaPSC. To this end, we believe mental health services should lead to recovery. We believe everyone has the ability to live a full life, to contribute to society, to use their talents and to grow. We believe that peer support specialists can help an individual move in this direction by supporting hope, self-advocacy, empowerment, and individual strengths.
We support efforts to transform Pennsylvania’s mental health system to become more recovery-oriented. A recovery oriented system is one that honors people’s choices, empowers them to make decisions, and supports them to have a full and meaningful life outside of the mental health system.
The Contracted Director reports to the Board of Directors with the top priorities being relationship building with members and partners. The ideal candidate will have a combination of experiences including, but not limited to: leading an organization, developing relationships, training skills to include facilitation and development of peer support related curricula, marketing and grant writing skills. The general duties of the Contracted Director are described in the following link and will evolve as the Pennsylvania Peer Support Coalition continues to grow.
The person we are looking for must be a Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) who has provided medical assistance billable peer support services and who has experience, either personally or professionally, with substance use disorders.
In addition to peer support skills, we are looking for the following advanced skills:
- Must be a certified WRAP facilitator (Wellness Recovery Action Plan), or be able to complete a WRAP certification within 3 months. We also need you to have training experience with Mental Health Advanced Directives, or the ability to learn how to present the information within 3 months.
- Grant Writing Experience – We need you to have grant writing experience, and to bring a portfolio of past grants you have been able to acquire, or if you do not have that experience, are willing to obtain that experience within 6 months.
- Marketing and Communications experience – You will be actively recruiting for membership to the coalition, as well as marketing coalition trainings. You will also be maintaining the membership and recruitment lists for the Coalition, which includes notifying members of upcoming renewals. You will be responsible to update the website, so website maintenance experience will be preferred. The consultant will respond to all emails and notify the Executive Committee of information that requires their attention.
- Collaboration skills – You will be working with various state mental health, substance use and other agencies in meetings and workgroups. Board of Director experience is essential; we need someone who is able to work collaboratively to create “win/win” opportunities and be a relationship builder.
- Project management, organizational & planning skills – You will be conducting projects and conferences with state agencies and organizing and planning trainings for CPS. Must be able to start in the 1st-2nd week of April and help to complete projects before the end of the fiscal year in June.
- Curriculum development and educational skills – You will be developing curriculum for current and new trainings and training new trainers for the Coalition. You will also be promoting PA Peer Support Coalition and recruiting trainers for our trainings for PA CPS throughout the state. You will be conducting trainings and presentations across the state, therefore, the ability to travel extensively throughout PA will be required.
A Bachelors of Arts or Science in Business Administration, Education, Communications or any combination of those degrees is preferred.
If you meet this description and are committed to continue the mission of the Pennsylvania Peer Support Coalition, we would like to hear from you!
Instructions on how to apply:
Send resume and cover letter by March 30, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the above, please include your response to the following questions:
- Please describe your experience within the mental health system in PA, both personally and professionally. We are interested in knowing about experience on Boards of Directors, workgroups, committees, etc.
- How do you envision your role in continuing to expand the mission of the Pennsylvania Peer Support Coalition?