Understanding the Psychiatric Issues of Dementia in Centre County
June 7 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Target Audience: This training is for all interested individuals and specifically those who provide care to older adults, such as nurses, social workers, case managers, housing service coordinators, nursing home administrators, personal care home administrators, aging and mental health workers.
- Discuss the common psychiatric causes of problem behaviors in individuals with dementia: delirium, depression, anxiety, behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia.
- Discuss the risks of depression for those who are providing care for individuals with dementia.
- Review common treatment interventions that may be used with individuals who are suffering from dementia including communications skills, behavioral management, and psychosocial interventions.
- Identify evidence-based practices for psychiatric issues of dementia.
- Explore community resources available for professionals and family caregivers.
When: June 7, 10am – 3pm
Where: Juniper Village Senior Living at Brookline, 1930 Cliffside Dr, State College, PA