Online Advanced Training for Peer/Recovery Support Specialists
September 12 - September 15
You are invited to step into the next generation of peer support and attend a fun, engaging and dynamic workshop to help you bring your peer support skills to the next level
The only pre-requisite for the workshop is:
You have graduated from a basic peer/recovery support specialist course and Worked or
Volunteered in the field for three months or more.
Goal: To continue to develop core skills in peer supporters (PS), who have been working or volunteering in the field
of peer support for at least 3 months. Helping these peer supporters understand the value of their lived work experience,
in their workplace journey and the ways that their experiences contribute to their personal growth and development as a PS every day.
Also a great vehicle for refreshing initial training, re-visiting core values, ethics and philosophies of Peer/Recovery Support and
engage in “Stepping up” practices to take your skill to the next level.
1) Connect with core skills of peer support and add new skills
2) The value of ourselves in the work place and recommitting to our unique role of peer support
3) Creating a Person Vision Statement to become the foundation of our future aspirations as PS
4) Overcoming our own fear of success and fear of failure that hold us back
5) Developing skills and self-awareness that prevents burnout
6) Understanding the value of PS in the role of change agents
7) Gaining understanding of Recovery Coaching and its importance to PS
8) Understanding addiction and paying attention, if that is one of our journeys, so it does not get in
the way of our continued success at work
Who: RI International
What: Advanced Training for Peer/Recovery Specialists
When: September 12 – 15, 9am – 4pm
Contact for Registration and Payment: PJ.Simonsons@riinternational.
Contact for All Other Questions (course, curriculum, etc): Terrence.Smithers@